Ultimate Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Author: Courtesy of Valentina Celant @ TheBakingFairy.net
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices cheese of choice (I find that American melts the best!)
- 1 mushroom, sliced thickly
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ tomato, sliced (3-4 slices)
- small handful of alfalfa sprouts
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 3-4 slices jalapeno
- 2 tbsp Rich & Creamy MELT® buttery spread
- Preheat a small nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Top one slice of bread with one slice of cheese, followed by the tomato slices, baby spinach leaves, avocado slices (mash slightly to keep from slipping out of the sandwich), jalapeno slices, alfalfa sprouts, and mushroom slices. (I find that putting the bulkier sliced ingredients right next to the cheese works best!)
- Top with the other slice of cheese and slice of bread.
- Spread 1 tbsp of MELT buttery spread on the top slice of bread, then place the sandwich, butter-side down, in the hot pan.
- While one side cooks, spread the other slice of bread with the remaining 1 tbsp of MELT spread. Once the cheese starts to melt and the bread is toasted, carefully flip the sandwich and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately!
Recipe Categories: Main Dishes and Rich & Creamy MELT Organic Recipes.